Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Celebration

We had a few days of fun with Brandon's birthday. We started out Sunday with G&G Myrup, GG&GG Myrup, Brannon & Michelle and family and our family..it was a bit chaotic but it was fun! Brandon loved his presents and apparently ate too much dinner because he didn't even want his cake and RED (strawberry) ice cream that he HAD to have with it! He told me how he loved the cake-so I was okay that he didn't eat any. We took it home so he could enjoy it.


So here's all the cakes-Brandon saw a picture of a purple cake with a little cat cake on it-and that's what he wanted. The cake looks like a little alien or something-but whatever..then I had TONS of cake left over so I did a free-hand baby bat cake. The big bat cake I made a pattern then cut it out..it's really hard to frost cake that's been carved..but I think they turned out okay.


I like my chocolate details on the bat-thanks Linda for the great idea!





Here we are singing and blowing out the candles!


Monday is when he enjoyed his cake-Tuesday is when we opened the rest of his gifts and today is his birthday..but birthday celebration is over..too bad. I'm not really interested in dragging it out another day.



Brandon is so silly-this is evidence that he likes his purple bat cake!







Sunday all during the last session of General Conference he played with these Battle Brawlers-little balls that pop into robot like things when you drop them on the ground..that was awesome because it kept both boys entertained. Monday all they did was play either the fishing game or Elefun-back and forth-this one then that one, it was so funny.


Tuesday Brandon kept on getting toys taken away-his new toys because he had I think 4 accidents in his big boy underwear..2 poopy I might add--NASTY! And toys taking away was NOT helping he would say-ut oh better take away another toy--I wanted crying and tantrums..so yeah it's NOT going good.

Today they've been playing with Power Rangers and Transformers that he got-man I feel like he got a LOT of stuff..cool for him. Too bad Tyler broke an arm off of a Transformer last night-right after we opened them..and I don't think he can be fixed so is sucks.

Jake sent this awesome Batman card that the boys take turns carrying around the house-that was an awesome gift!




Thanks everybody it was an awesome 4th birthday!


It's been a few fun days, and I'm sort of glad he's 4, glad his birthday has come and gone--I'm getting more nervous about Shanna's wedding only 3 weeks from my due date..but I think we'll be okay.

5 comments:

One Lifetime, One Eternity said...

Awesome "Batcake"!

Love,

Dad

Karen Lambarth said...

You did a great job w/the cake, even the freehand stuff.
Sorry about the potty stuff. It will NOT last forever!

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

It sounds like you have fun!! Great job on the cake it sure is a ton better than what I would have done. And I can't believe how much Brandon and Tyler look SOOOOO much a like it's crazy and also I want to see how cute you are pregnant with this little girl so you really need to post a good picture of you!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Jessica said...

You are TOTALLY NOT making me want to even think about potty training Logan!

Katrina Wilson said...

wow that was an awesome cake!! you are such a great mom!! I can't wait for your little girl!!