Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bumblebee

So last week things were going pretty SLOW around here..Brandon had a cough but during the night it was much worse-he felt like he had a fever and was way out of it and couldn't sleep through the night-so as you can assume we didn't go too many places, then later in the week we had Air Conditioning guys here all of Thursday..so even though I had NO clue what was going on and couldn't help with anything I felt like I couldn't leave the house..so it was another LONG BORING day.

One of Brandon's new things to do (he got off Dora) is to say a little nursery rhyme or song the wrong way-and ask somebody if it's right and then sing it the correct way. So we did that for a few minutes but the songs he knows aren't too many-that are short like that..so then I decided to name animals and have the boys make the animal sounds--it was fun because they don't do them the same way-Tyler snorts for a pig and Brandon says oink so there were differences between them. Then I said "What does a Bumblebee say": Brandon says: "Bzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzz, Bzzzzz" Tyler says: "ch-ch-ch-ch a car, ch-ch-ch-ch a guy!" It was so funny! I tried to tell him there was an insect a Bee but he'd have NOTHING to do with it-and we all laughed. However when I told Eric about it and since then I've asked Tyler what Bumblebee says and he won't do it..too bad-but it was still really funny.

So I mentioned that Air Conditioner guys were here all day Thursday--yes you heard right we got AC put into our house..I feel really good because our furnace was ancient and was scared about carbon monoxide..because of all the rust in it (we got a new one of those as well). Having the AC will keep the house cool even after the boys go to bed-because we've decided to put them upstairs--and that's where the swamp cooler would be. Hopefully we won't have nightmares of monsters in the room because of the noisiness of not having a window but having a board cover the window in the vacant spot. And I'm excited just because-it's a new thing and another upgrade in our house.

6 comments:

Dena said...

Ah! AC is a wonderful thing. Definitely a lifesaver during the summer. Your boys will be grateful in another month or two! :) I can't believe how far along you are in your pregnancy!

One Lifetime, One Eternity said...

I love the Tyler "Bumblebee" story. Took me a minute to realize that the only "bumblebee" he might be familiar with is a Transformer. That's a good one--

A new furnace and airconditioner, new roof, new tile in the kitchen and bathroom, lawn sprinkler system and green grass in the yard--you guys have REALLY improved that home!

Love,

Dad

Karen Lambarth said...

I wondered when that AC was going in! Excellent!
I agree a 'ch ch ch is pretty funny.
Maybe dad can figure out about the upstairs window when we're there.

Jessica said...

Ok, It totally took me a while to figure out the whole bumblebee thing and then I realized it was Transformers...obviously I haven't seen that movie enough. Haha ;) Wow, you guys do so much for your house, that's awesome. How do you always find the money to do all that? We have just been trying to put as much in savings as possible.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like your background. Very nice.
The Scentsy....the one I have is a cream color. I don't care if it matches or not. If I could just get any square top to fit my scentsy I would be so happy! Thanks for the help Ker.
And it's cool that you have done so many home projects. We're in survival mode, so we can't really do stuff like that, but I am SO into spring cleaning right now. I got rid of a bunch of old, broken toys, papers, broken games, etc. that the kids have compiled for the last six years! It feels like a new house! :)

Michelle said...

Wow, I hope all your upgrades help you sell your house when it's time. Haven't you earned some equity on your house by now so if you refinanced it wouldn't be 100% financing? That was how we were able to refinance. Well, we haven't done it yet but we are supposed to sign the papers some time this month.