Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm so proud

Hey I just wanted to show you my chair cover that I made, I'm just so proud of myself! It looks better than I hoped for. We bought a new table and chairs but the table doesn't fit in our current space-that's why we got the table from DI but we've put 3 of the chairs up and they are nice and they have sort of a suade seat and it's just not good for the kids. I bought a cheap vynal table cover and cut it and put on the seat of the chair-but it kept sliding off and the ties were breaking off and it just wasn't working out. So I went to the store and got thick vynal for only $3 a yard I thought that was a smokin' deal..and I just had to take a picture I was so proud of myself!

6 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Hey, you should be proud. What a good idea! And I think this style of chair cover is popular.

Good photo back drop . . . . beautiful floor!

Karen Lambarth said...

Those chair covers are "way-kool", very trendy! You're getting to be quite the craftsperson. Making chair covers rates right in there with Eric's laying floor tile. You guy's are getting very "domestic".

Dad

Jessica said...

Ok, I was a little worried for you when I saw the chair cover was WHITE. White with kids...not a good combo, but then I realized it is vinyl so you can just wipe it off. Cool!

Rach said...

Maybe you could make 6 more for my family. It looks fantastic! I had no idea what a domestic goddess you were!

Dena said...

Nice work! What a great idea to cover your chairs with a vinyl cover. That will eliminate a lot of headache :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you see this! You asked about the oreo cookie cake recipe. It is WAY easy. Here ya go:
1 box white cake mix
2 rows oreo cookies, crushed
Make cake mix according to directions. Add the cookies LAST! Then bake according to directions on box. And yer done!Enjoy!