Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing exciting

I'm boring-I can't think of anything very exciting to put on here..apparently me and the kids have been bored this week.

Today I bought Brandon a potty toy..don't get too excited he's not potty trained yet-I bought him a toy to hold while he sits on the potty and so he can really dream about playing with this Transformer. I also made him a new potty chart. This one has a picture of the Transformer we bought for him as the car and the Transformer and I cut him into numbered squares so when he goes potty he picks a number, matches it and puts it in the right spot-when Jazz is all together-hopefully he's going each time he needs to and we'll be on our way to success! Tyler's feeling left out-so I think I'll have to get him a toy too-that would be awesome to do 2 at once!

Eric & I are super excited to rent Iron man-(I think it's out this week), we haven't been able to see it yet but have heard only great things about it..I put it on Eric's Christmas list already-he never knows what he wants.

Jessica Myrup is sort of getting me excited to start a new sewing project on my sewing machine..which I appreciate. I'm going to see if I'm smart enough to figure out a way to sew zippers on my couch cushion covers I made so I don't have to take the seem ripper to them, wash them, then sew them back up--but who knows how it'll work.

Hope you all have a fabulous week..we'll see some of you this weekend for Conference-we're super excited. Brandon just can't wait-he keeps asking who he's going to see..it's everybody he wants except his cousins Jake, Luke & Bryce..but hopefully we'll see them soon...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That's a cool idea for potty training...let me know if it works! I have only heard good things about Iron Man too, so we need to see it! And yea...I am glad I have inspired you to sew! Post your project when you finish! Wish we could be at conference with you, but we will be thinking of you. Love ya!

Jessica said...

oh yeah...and I wanted to tell you, since you LOVE Make and Takes. My littlebirdiesecrets blog is featured as the crafty blog of the week on the sidebar. She told us she loved all our great ideas and wanted to feature us....isn't that cool?!

Ashlie said...

How was Iron Man? Andy was pretty excited too. I'm way boring lately. Ih aven't posted or read others' blogs in forever!

Michelle said...

I bet you could do a zipper pretty easily, if you can find a big enough zipper. You might look in the home decor section of a fabric store, or look online. Invisible zippers are super-easy if they are available.

Andrew and Dena said...

Wow, your kids look so much bigger already! We sure miss you guys! How do you like the new temple?