Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Weekend

First off-Brandon would like to thank his cousin LUKE for sending him copies of his "totally wicked" dinosaurs! Remember totally wicked from The Incredibles--yeah it's a saying around here..Brandon thanks you and can't wait to play Transformers with you at Christmas!

Now for conference...

We had a fabulous time in Utah for Conference weekend. I LOVE not having to dress up and drive to the stake center to watch conference! I really look forward to seeing family and spending time with them..it's just wonderful.

To start off our weekend Eric and I went to the USU v. BYU football game. Holy cow I really had a great time-we had 3rd row seats on the 35 yard line so we were close to the action...closer than I'd ever dreamed being and it was really fun. There was this lady in front of us that kept asking questions that was a bit annoying and she had a cute little boy I couldn't help but smile at every once in a while-but all in all it was a super blast and an awesome date! Thanks to Michelle we were able to go without our kids--Thank You! Thank you Shanna for being our chauffeur to and from the game!

Saturday morning the kids actually slept in to 7:40am so we got a late start driving down to Orem--we left about 15 minutes into the first session, but we had it on the radio at Michelle's. We listened to conference on our way down and it was the most I've gotten out of conference in a long time-not reading it in the Ensign. The kids were happy and I got to listen intently! Loved it!

The ladies get together during the Priesthood session was a total blast this year! Linda made a Halloween BINGO that I think I got more excited about it than Tyler..and there were gobs and gobs of toys that my kids are still going crazy over 4 days later! Awesome idea! And that absolutely loucious cake from Magelby's..thanks Lisa that was to die for!

Saturday night I was able to sneak in a game of Settler's of Catan--man I love that game! Thanks to Brett & Suzanne!

It was just an incredible weekend! I really love spending time with family-and if we didn't see extended family at the Priesthood session I'd probably sadly never see them..so I'm very grateful for that!

Me and the boys are looking forward to spending some time with Grandma in a couple of weeks. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Dena said...

Sounds like your Conference weekend was a little more eventful than mine! We just sat around in our pj's and watched it online.

Jessica said...

Wow, you are very emphatic about how much fun you had...glad for you! I agree with you....I am so glad my days of dressing up and going to the stake center to watch conference are OVER!! I hated that so much as a kid!

rneweyfamily said...

Your boys are getting HUGE! Hey, I was peeping in on other people's blogs and found yours, hope you don't mind. I have one at: rneweyfamily.blogspot.com if you want to check it out

Margaret said...

Holy crow, Kerry, you have two kids! :)

Nice to see your face and to know how you are doing! I found you from Rac's blog. :)