Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snowman-or woman



Today when the boys woke up..yep you guessed it it was SNOWING. They were so excited about 8am they just couldn't wait to get out there in the snow. After I dressed them all up Brandon said "Mom I want to make a snowman" so I decided I could get out there and do it.

It was fun-for a while but then nobody wanted to help anymore and I thought Tyler was going to destroy him.

When decorating him I didn't want to have to go inside the house to get anything because that would be a big snowy mess. When I decided to make the eyes flowers that's when Brandon asked me if it was a girl snowman..so I guess she is! The nose is a pine cone and the teeth are rose thorns put in the snow thorn first. The buttons are dark leaves...I thought I was pretty creative. I did have Eric get a hat and scarf from inside-and Brandon was so proud her name was Teesee or something like that-I had NO clue what he was saying.

It was a good morning-she's WAY leaning now and the rest of the snow has already melted-but it was fun while it lasted!

Eric was going to mow the lawn for the last time-and do some outdoor painting his day got ruined-but he's okay since now we can have a lazy day!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

VERY creative, Ker! I love the flower eyes. We are lucky...its 65 and SUNNY today, so we went to a park and walked along the river, and watched all the ducks!

Anonymous said...

The boys say that the snowman was pretty cool and it was really good! Bryce says, "And Funny!"

Dena said...

I love that snowman! Very creative! I'd never thought of using flowers for eyes before.

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

You are so creative!! I wish I was here for all the snow. I was in Wyoming where, yes, it was snowing, but it was more like a blizzard. So it would have been suicide going out there. But I am so glad that you had fun and the snow woman is beautiful!!

rneweyfamily said...

So cute! It never slowed down enough for me to even think about going outside. I'm glad you got to, how fun and creative.

Michelle said...

Wow, we had snow, but not that much snow! That's pretty awesome. I like the rose-thorn teeth.