Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little fun things

So lately I've fallen in LOVE with this site Makes and Takes
there are SO many wonderful crafts and ideas on this site I've just been addicted the past couple days.

I'd like to share a couple that we've tried. First ice cream in a bag. I've heard of it before but thought Brandon's old enough now he'll actually think it's fun. Which he did squish it up towards the end and in 15 minutes we had a pretty good ice cream-granted not that much ice cream, but that's besides the point.





Then this morning I decided to try her Semi-Homemade Donuts they were better than I expected-since they are made from biscuit dough-which just aren't my favorite (store bought). However some of mine weren't quite cooked all the way. But for 2 bucks and hardly any time they were great!





5 comments:

Jessica said...

Make and Takes is a cute site, I check it out sometimes, but I definitely prefer littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com :)

Karen Lambarth said...

Looks pretty yummy!
I was immediately confused: oven mutts to make ice cream! First I've heard of that method.
Donuts......I'll keep w/regular biscuits!

Anonymous said...

Ker,
Thanks for the website. I always enjoy going to places like that and being able to do simple, cheap stuff with the kids.
How is the potty training going? Did you get some good ideas?

Michelle said...

Man, I wish we could makes cookies and donuts and ice cream! Brandon looks so proud! Well I'm glad you guys had fun with it anyway. I'll have to find something gluten and dairy free for Barrett to make.

Michelle said...

P.S. How did you register for cutestblogontheblock.com? I keep trying and it isn't working.