Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sugar Cookies

Brandon's been bugging me for a while to make cookies--and not just regular cookies..cookies with shapes and icing. We've never done this before.



I found some cutters from a friend-there was NO way I was going to buy them since it's obvious I never make sugar cookies.


Then we just had fun-Brandon LOVED cutting them out-he frosted 2 and ate 2 and then he was done, but I had a fun artistic time!



Tyler-yeah all he did was sprinkle sprinkles on and eat them. He was so kind to offer his services to sprinkle some of my frosted cookies..thanks Tyler.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Can't believe you havent made sugar cookies...not even at Christmas??

Karen Lambarth said...

Ah . . . the good old days of doing fun stuff w/kids!
Fun w/mom . . . good to eat.
Thanks for sending pics.

Anonymous said...

Not suprisingly, my mom has a super-duper sugar cookie recipe. If you want it, I'll email it to you, just let me know. Sugar cookies were a BIG thing in my house. My mom LOVED to make them, really for any reason at all! :) It gets easier to make them as they get older, the kids can help out more. Not very aesthetically pleasing cookies, but they still taste the same!

Karen Buxton said...

Okay, so I know that your friend said that she has a good recipe, and I'm sure that it is, but let me know if you want mine. I only make sugar cookies about twice a year. It's fun to see how much the kids enjoy it.