Monday, September 8, 2008

2008 Perrine Bridge Festival

Brandon and I were out running errands on Saturday and a friend called me up to inform me what it was the 2008 Perrine Bridge Festival and that there were animals to pet and a helicopter and that maybe we should stop by.

So we did stop by and Brandon and I got some 1 on 1 time and it was fun. The festival was too small to be considered a festival in my eyes but we got to see 3 jumpers jump from the bridge all at the same time-and I've never seen that before. Plus we got to see a couple other 1 at a time. There was a 3 day old Calf, a sheep and a bunny rabbit to pet. A little blow up bouncer thing that was free to jump in-yeah that was exciting. And we got to donate $1 to the Boys and Girls club to get a bat painted on our face!

The day was good-I felt like I'd gone back in time to only having 1 child and it was simple and fun to share some time with Brandon!

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera-since it was spur of the moment-but you get to see the bat!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

FUN! I know what you mean about one kid...now that Jake is in preschool it is GREAT to have time just with Logan and to grocery shop with only 1 kid in tow! Glad you guys had that time together.

Anonymous said...

It IS fun having one-on-one time, for both us AND the kids! And don't think too highly of me; we DO have movie time, on Saturdays! It is a planned day when Mommy gets a break! :)

Karen Buxton said...

Okay, so I discovered that not only have I not been blogging, but I haven't been checking anyone else's blogs either. You guys have had way too much fun this summer! Good for you!