Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Cake

Brandon is 5 years old! We didn't really do too much yesterday, had Little Caesar's Pizza for dinner-he loves it..and we had some friends over for cake and ice cream. Plus he got to stay up almost 2 hours past his bedtime-so I think he had a good time.

I love the dino dig cake that I made-I think it looks great! Of course I got the idea online-but the bones were more time consuming than I thought, I now really appreciate the magical wonder of cookie cutters!
When we got done-Brandon told me it was perfect. That makes it all worth it!!



-Brandon and Tyler helped putting the dirt on the cake, and putting the rocks around the edge, they did a good job! Here we are being a little silly!



-Tyler enjoyed eating the rest of the frosting from the container- (Yes I actually bought icing this year, I shocked myself too)



-Maybe someday I'll get into the birthday spirit-I spent $2 at the Dollar Tree for decorations and bought a few balloons, that's it. But Brandon was happy.



-Here's the birthday song!


Earlier in the day Tyler and I went on an adventure-basically getting the bad guys..so here's Tyler all geared up!



-And here's Marie..she's ready to attack! We had to buy our sword, shield and I had to give him money for him to buy his binoculars..it's fun playing store-so cute.



Here's the Easter Egg pics I was too lazy to post last time. Thank you Michelle!






6 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Love the Dino Bones! Were they cookies?
I've worse than you: I have pics of us coloring eggs and they are MY right here in my computer!

Kerry said...

Yes the bones were sugar cookies-I had a paper pattern, put it on the dough then cut them out.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon. Sorry my card probably got there way early but I knew I would forget since we were out of town so I figured better early than late.

Cool cake...I don't think I could have eaten any. The dirt looks too real!

rneweyfamily said...

cute cake!

Amanda Byrd said...

Thanks so much for letting us join in the festivities! That cake was so awesome! You are such a good mother!

lmyrup said...

Great job on that cake! That took a lot of work. What a good mom!