Monday, December 7, 2009

What a Sunday!

Okay-Eric's been in and out feeling good and horrible for about 2.5 weeks. Which is VERY unusual because normally the rest of us gets colds and stuff and he gets NOTHING. Plus he's starting a new job--this has been just lovely.

So yesterday I knew Eric wasn't feeling good-I'm okay-I got myself fired up to go to church alone with 3 kids. We're all ready to go-it's about 10 minutes until we need to get in the car and I decide to go move the truck out of the driveway- (we've got a single width drive)...right when I go to open the door Brandon starts wailing..Eric says I'll take care of it-go ahead. When I get back in Eric is holding Brandon, his hand over his forehead and there is blood dripping! I guess Brandon shut himself in their room and was keeping Tyler out-who knows, maybe Tyler hurt him-we're not sure..but Brandon wouldn't come upstairs so Eric goes down-opens the door and the doorknob whacks him in face-just above the eyebrow and gives him this huge gash! Instead of church me and Brandon go find an insta care place-and get some stitches.

Brandon had to get 3 stitches..he was super brave he kept his eyes open the whole time, basically saw everything..he got a shot and anyway he did a great job!

When we get back-Tyler's taking a nap, something he hasn't done for a very, very long time..and Marie is crying. Eric is asking me what we can use to clean the carpet-Marie had a total BLOW OUT! So Eric had a great time while we were away.

I hurry and change and get Marie dressed again and we rush off to Sacrament Meeting-because in our ward it's last (normally I'm crabby about this, but worked out this time) Of course it was the week we're welcomed into the ward-at least half of us were there!

So that was our wonderful Sunday. Oh yeah and technically we have insurance but of course we haven't received our cards yet..the place was nice-and said I could bring it in when I had it--but just scary..I mean I don't want to have to pay more than the co-pay!

Sorry no pics of the cut-too much going on for that..and Brandon doesn't want to take his band-aid off to even look at the stitches today-so maybe later we'll see..if there's anything to see.

3 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

What a day! Sorry.
Stitches, blow out, Sac welcome . . .
you had it all.
It will get better.

Jessica said...

Sounds like my crazy week so far!! Being a mom is BUSY. Glad you survived. I sent your Christmas presents. I hope they arrive soon!

Dena said...

Wow, what a day! I'm glad you made it through alive! Your house looks super cute. I hope that Eric's job is going well.