Friday, December 11, 2009

Ready For Hurdles!




When Eric saw that Marie was sitting like this he made the comment that she was ready for hurdles! So I thought I'd share it with everyone. She sits like this to reach further without falling down-I think..but who knows maybe hurdles are in her future.

I just wanted to share my obsession!



Yep! This is it. Almost every single day I want a baked red potato-that of course I cook in the microwave. Cheese a bit of sour cream and TONS of broccoli!! I can eat a regular like 14oz. pkg of broccoli in like 4 meals..it's insane! SOOO good and only about 5 minutes to make it. I'm not sure what the deal is, it's just tasting really really good to me!

One other thing that really bugs me...





This is NOT what your dishes are supposed to look like when they come out of the dishwasher. I thought at first that we needed some Jet-Dry..I bought it-put it in but either it's full or something is wrong with the thing because it was over flowing and wouldn't let me put any in. So does anybody know what to do? It's just gross..we are renting but we already have had a problem since we moved in and I just don't want to be the annoying dumb renters where everything must be perfect or something-I'd just rather figure it out than contact them..but I don't know what to do.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Holy cow I can't believe I said like twice in my meal little paragraph--sorry that's crazy!

One Lifetime, One Eternity said...

Kerry:

The white stuff on the dishes looks like it could be mineral deposits from "hard water". Try turning off the "heated dry" feature--heated dry would make the water evaporate faster possibly leaving more residue on the dishes. Jet Dry is an additive to help the water shed off of the dishes quicker to reduce spotting from the minerals in the water. Not sure how your dishwasher accpts Jet Dry, most have a little compartment with some sort of "screw top". It is possible that the dispenser is plugged up. You might try going to the manufacturer's website and see if there is an on-line owner's manual with a "trouble shooting guide". Or just "Google" the problem with the make and model of dishwasher to see what others with similar problems have done. My last idea is--after washing, just run the dishes on a "rinse" cycle, putting about 1/4 cup of white vinegar in the dishwasher before starting the rinse cycle--again turn off the "heated dry"--I think the vinegar would take the mineral deposits off of the dishes. Those are my thoughts

Love,

Dad Lambarth

The Peterson Family said...

OK, not only did you say like twice in the paragraph, but it's in the same sentence! But I have to say I'm totally digging baked potatoes right now, too. Only I like your traditional baking potato (cooked in the micro as well), with butter, a few bacon bits, a little cheese and TONS of cottage cheese - oh and salt and pepper. Seriously, can't get enough, I eat it for lunch, for dinner if I don't eat what I made for the fam, for late night snack. I've even perfected a method for taking all of it to school with me and making it for lunch there. And the little potatoes that come in the 5 lb bags are just the perfect size.

And as for the dishwasher, I was going to suggest something similar to dad - I would pour a cup of vinegar in the bottom and run it once with no dishes. See if that helps. Also sometimes you just have to take the racks out and then the arms and such on the bottom and clean it out - food gets trapped there and can cause the dishwasher to not rinse well enough because it thinks it's sprayed enough water since it's back up.

Hope that made sense to you, I'm not going to go back and read it all, it's too late. I'm going to bed - finally.

Love you,
Lis

Anonymous said...

Do all the dishes look like that or was the colander worse than the rest? If I were to wash my colander in the dishwasher, it would look similar to yours. I do all my pots and pans and colander by hand, cause they just don't turn out very well in the dishwasher.
And the pic of Marie is so cute. She does look like she's getting ready for hurdles.