Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Day!

Well moving day has arrived. It was a challenge getting the rental truck and trailor home, then unhitching the trailer and backing the truck into our drive way..holy cow! I'm glad we don't have to do that again.

Marie definitely knows something is up, and is dying for some attention! I'm really looking forward to when Grandma will be with us next week--she can give Marie some attention. Every single time we put Marie down she whales..it's sad but I've got things to do-and I didn't think she'd like being dropped off and me leaving her-if she's crying just when I put her down. It's been good to have Eric here so we can tag team but holy cow..after we move she better settle down or I'll go crazy!!

So the truck was smaller than Eric thought it was going to be-not in actual size but in what his brain pictured it would be and what it really is. So -he's talking about if everything doesn't fit..and how there's more boxes than he thought we'd have..so we'll see how loading goes. I still think it's okay if the fridge doesn't make it, however I have a feeling it's going on pretty close to first--so whatever.

This whole thing is exciting yet stressful-but happy that it'll all be over soon, or at least I'll be unpacking instead of packing everything up!

2 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

I totally sympathize! We know about the truck seeming to be to small!
Richard had to unpack 1/2 and redo it the next day. To much ward help!
But he got it all in!
Hope little Marie is settling down.
So much adventure!

Dena said...

I've totally been there before! You always think you don't have that much stuff until you have to pack it up and move it in a truck that gets filled up really fast. :) I've found that it takes babies about 2 weeks to adjust to a new place. But once you get settled into your routine in your new place Marie should calm down. Good luck!