Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update

Well I have posted that I was looking forward to the Mother Daughter Young Woman's night. It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't have a daughter nor was I a Mommy for one of the girls that didn't have one. I still enjoyed the evening. We did hang massages and painted nails, did some yoga, had a hair class and of course had cake and ice cream. It was a late night-I knew it would be about 10:30 but I was so wiped out-it was a busy week-fun but busy.

And the Lost premier-I was looking forward to that. I recorded it but have not yet viewed it. We had about 4 hours of 24 to catch up on and 2 hours of American Idol plus Lost--we're catching up but not there yet. Tonight I'm looking forward to watching National Treasure 2 that I bought off of Ebay this week-I got it about 2 days after I purchased it which was wickedly awesome! I've seen it-but it's been a long time!

Other random thoughts-the word potty training urkes me and I just get stressed about it...it's NOT going good-but whatever. I've decided next month I'm starting Tyler and maybe things will look up from there. I did register Brandon for preschool this next fall. Eric thinks I'm crazy for doing it so soon but there's only about 3 that aren't weird church schools and a couple aren't just preschool so anyway-I figured if I wanted him in the morning..there's only 20 spots. It's more expensive than I thought but it'll be worth every single penny! I also would like to put him in swimming lessons-but whenever I think about doing that I think-yeah and he's going to be the ONLY one in a swim diaper--I'd like him to be potty trained but he's just getting older and older and really should learn to swim, since he does LOVE it.

I'm super happy that I can call my Mom whenever I want-it's sort of an obsession I just want to do it because I can, it's dumb I know-but it's just fun. And they upgraded from dial up so I can actually get them on their home phone!

Eric is really set on KNOWING the sex of this baby that we're going to look into getting another ultrasound-I go see the doctor February 3rd, so I'll know more details then..Eric keeps calling it Marie, and sisters at church keep telling me it's a girl-we just need to know for sure!

Last night Eric and I went on a date! Holy cow it's been a LONG time-we were able to get out at Chirstmas time with family around-but it's been since about September that we got a babysitter from our ward and hung out alone. It was fun and Brandon loves this babysitter that I get-we really need to do it more often!

I think this is all the updates for now..until who knows when...

3 comments:

The Peterson Family said...

Ker,
If Brandon loves swimming, maybe you can use lessons as an incentive to get him to use the big boy potty - just a thought.
It sounds like you have definately been busy.
I wish I would remember to call mom! I forget that I can call anytime now - I'm so used to looking at the clock and thinking "oh, it's the middle of the night there".

Love you,
Lis

rneweyfamily said...

Yeah for the date! We kinda started potty training Michael this week. Well, actually Robert did. Michael became obsessed with his underwear and wanted to wear them, so we let him. He hasn't really done much and I just don't have the energy to keep up with him and take him to the bathroom all the time. Oh well, he's not even 2 yet, so I'm not worried. Good luck with all that.

Anonymous said...

Ker, I remember with Luke that this is when he got excited to potty train-when he was old enough to start doing things like going to preschool or swim lessons. I would tell him that if he wanted to do these big boy things, he needed to be able to go potty like a big boy. It worked for him. Perhaps it would work for Brandon too. :) Just be patient and consistent and it will come. :)