Friday, January 30, 2009

Just stuff

I was wondering if anybody else's kids are obsessed with Imagination Movers? Thank heavens they are on at 7:30am here so at least they are on at a reasonable time-I've had the best, longest un-interrupted showers this week since they've been watching Imagination Movers. I think it's boring frankly but whatever.

When the boys wake up-lately around 6:30 they watch half of a show and then Brandon asks me if I'll play upstairs with him-I usually say no-that I'm too tired..but I played with him yesterday and it was a good Brandon Mommy time because Tyler was still sleeping. So it's nice that they aren't glued to the TV until I turn it off and make them do something else!

Than Eric leaves for work at 7:15 and 7:30 Movers come on so I hop right in the shower-it's great!

Also the boys are in LOVE with their animal flashlights-since they wake up before the sun-that's the first toy that gets found in the morning, they lock themselves in the dark playroom and explore using their flashlights for a good 10 minutes-it's wonderful!

I'm going to post a survey on the side-to see if we should move the boys upstairs or leave them downstairs. Here's the pros and cons I can think of.
Move them Upstairs: pros-the new baby will have its own room;
cons-we'll have to turn the swamp cooler off in the summer when they go to bed, the playroom will never be the same-their beds will be there and the ceilings are so low we can't bunk their beds.
Leave them Downstairs: pros-we'll still have a playroom upstairs, we can keep the swamp cooler on as long as we want.
cons-we'll have to bunk the beds..the top bunker will be able to reach the ceiling fan that will need to be on!, we'll have a 4 bedroom house with 3 kids in 1 room.
So vote which you think would be better in the side margin..Thanks!

Also I'd like to share this recipe..the woman I Visit Teach gave us cookies one time and then I got the recipe. Eric doesn't care for oatmeal but I like them because I feel like their a little more healthy because of the oatmeal..so if you're interested.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 Cup shortening
1 1/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup sugar
2 Eggs
-Beat until fluffy
Add 2 cups flour
2 Cups oatmeal-quick or regular
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips and raisins if desired.

Bake 375* 8-10 minutes
She says she's made them with butter and margarine and they are flatter-she prefers shortening.

YUMMY!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Yea! I am glad you are blogging more regularly again...I was missing you for a while there ;) I need to think before I vote....there are so much good and bad for each choice. You have to give up something no matter what.

Oh yeah...my boys loved Imagination Movers when they first saw it but now they won't ever watch the whole thing before they get bored. It's on later for us anyways.

Karen Lambarth said...

I too want to consider up or downstairs.
I like the new pics on the sidebar.
Cchip cookies are always good! I'll compare my recipe.
I have NO idea what Imagination Movers are. . .. I'll look on my guide and check it out.

Michelle said...

You don't want the baby waking those boys up! I can't stand having Abbie and Barrett in the rooms next to each other, let alone in the same room. They always wake each other up.

The Peterson Family said...

It's only taken me FOREVER to comment on this post! I've been saving it on my reader until I had a minute.
My kids are also obsessed with the Imagination Movers - even the older ones. I think they like that they haven't seen all the episodes yet.
Good luck deciding what to do with the boys' room. All my kids have always been in the same room all their life and I really haven't had any problems with anyone waking up anyone else. In fact sometimes it helps to give the other kids a valid reason to be quiet and go to sleep.
And I was going to say something else.... oh - I'm so going to try this recipe, I've been craving chocolate big time, oatmeal sounds like a nutritious aternative - hehe:) I LOVE oatmeal choc chip cookies.
OK, 'nough said. Bye!
Lis