Sunday, August 24, 2008

YCC




The Youth Cultural Celebration is OVER. I was very pleased at the final result-I was thinking that 4 months of chaotic practices were never going to come together-but the youth looked wonderful and I am VERY happy with the final result, and thrilled the stress is OVER.

The Prophet did come to the final show last night (Saturday August 23rd); it was really awesome seeing him, both for the youth and leaders. I can't remember the last time the prophet was physically in the same place as me.

If you would like to read about it. There is an article in the newspaper.

This morning Eric and I attended the first of 4 Dedication sessions for the Twin Falls Temple. It was remarkable, the spirit was there and I am so excited to have a Temple here. During the corner stone President Monson had a good humor-and it was more fun than spiritual and was appreciated that they entire thing wasn't so formal. And we got to see a side of the prophet we don't normally.

Sessions at the Temple will be by appointment only-we'll soon find out if that's a good thing or bad for us, because we'll have to plan in advance. Either way I'm excited to attend by the end of September.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Cool! Will they be by appointment forever or is that just something they are doing at the beginning?

Anonymous said...

Ker,
I had no idea it was such a HUGE event! Congrats to you and to all those who put in so much time and effort! And how wonderful to have a temple so close by, even if it is by appointment! :)

Kerry said...

So I found out today that there is a certain number of tickets reserved for appointments but walk ins are welcome.