Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Okay Okay

So I was told that it's been over a week since I've posted..and that's too long! Yeah Yeah I'll try to do better. This past weekend we went down to Orem Utah. It was a blast! Alan and Linda are doing well as empty nesters though they say they really haven't had time to adjust since Shanna keeps visiting, which they happily welcome.

Saturday we had the opportunity to see my "brother" Daniel Miller; a wonderful friend and as close as family from Utah State University-he now lives in Lehi. It was so much fun going mini golfing with him and looking back on the crazy college life of studying and the classes we had-we had loads of fun! Thanks to Linda we didn't have to take any children with us!

Then on Monday Grandma, Grand Dad, Brandon, Tyler & I went to the BYU Earth & Science Museum. I've taken Brandon there before, it's small but awesome because it's free! I learned there's no such dinosaur as a Brontosaurus which I totally didn't know-but to Brandon there still is! There's NO way I'm teaching him new dinosaur names at this point--plus he's getting into Transformers anyway.

Eric & I also had the opportunity to meet up with our friend Lance Buxton (http://austinbuxtons.blogspot.com/) who used to live in Twin Falls but moved to Texas about a year ago. We went to lunch and drug him along as we saw the new LDS Foundation something something-where Eric used to work while he was going to BYU. His friend Dave Smith (http://www.kadenceandtayah.blogspot.com/) still works there..so it was really awesome to catch up with him, even though Brandon & Tyler were getting really loud and running around-it was a bit embarrassing.

So that was our fun weekend-and of course there was plenty rough housing with Grandma & Grand Dad at their house! It was nice to spend a lot of time with them.

Oh what recent books have people read--I want something really good and not a mystery-too many Diane Mott Davidson lately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually logged on to tell you about Breaking Dawn. I know you didn't really like the 2nd and 3rd books, but the 4th is WAY better, more like the 1st book. So, if you have friends who would lend it to you, it's definitely worth reading. I will send my copy to you as well, but there's already a waiting list! Let me know if you want me to put you on it! :)

Rach said...

I just did a post a few weeks ago on my blog about fun summer reading (http://racsrants.blogspot.com) that is mostly fantasy books. Sharon Shinn's books are fun. I just finished Breaking Dawn as well. I actually did a post on that, too. If you're looking for something a little more serious, you can always give Life of Pi a try. I really enjoyed it. Next time you're on your way to Provo, swing by Ogden and visit! Our door is always open!

Karen Lambarth said...

I was wondering about Daniel a couple of days ago. I liked him a lot. Hope he's doing well.
You're in Orem a lot, hear anything about that job????

The Peterson Family said...

ker-
thanks for posting! I'm just a big blogger bully! Along with Jess's suggestion (though I haven't read Breakning Dawn yet) STephenie Meyer's other book, The Host was pretty good - not mystery. I've read some mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.
Also, I posted a bunch of reviews on my blog not too long ago... I have DiVinci code and Angels and Demons if you want me to send them to you:)

Lis

Ashlie said...

I just read the previous comments. WHAT!?! You didn't like New Moon and Eclipse?...oh well. The Host wasn't good, don't read it. Davinci Code and Angels and Demons are a must must must-especially if you have a friend that will lend them to you. Pride and Prejudice, and Les Miserables are my two most favorite books, but they are older and definite classics so you have to be in the mood. The Life of Pi stunk too (I think I need to give it another shot though. It's been awhile) Let's see what else....Oh! Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was a hoot-loved it. Good luck.

It was so good to see you guys. We realized how much we really miss you guys. :( Come back..