Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life in Idaho Falls

Well I was thinking that nothing exciting has happened to post about. But I completely forgot about Tyler's black eye (that the kids call blue eye). Every Thursday-well most..me and my friends get together for a play date for our kids. It's fun to get together..and let the kids play with each other and we do a potluck kid dinner, something simple. Thursday Feb 16th Brandon hit Tyler in the eye with a 5lb exercise weight! I didn't see it, but I heard it was an accident and when I saw Tyler literally 30 seconds after it happened he had this HUGE bump that was already blue!


And here is the next morning...
Poor guy had to take his preschool pictures with a black eye..but you can only tell when you look close.

Also as far as news my friends threw me a baby shower, got loads of stuff I need-and a few new clothes..that's always fun! I'm so grateful and it was loads of fun! Here's my diaper cake that my friend Natalie made for me..super cute.
-Plus there were over 60 size 1 diapers in here..totally awesome! And Tyler and Marie helped me unroll them..so nice!

Okay I tried to post a picture from Facebook but it won't do it-it's too big..so if you can go to my facebook page and in photos there are some crazy pictures of me with 13 balloons in my shirt-I won!
-If I don't want my head cut off..I have to do it myself. This is to show the true length-because the first shot it looks shorter than it really is. For once my hair was staying curly-but I just didn't want to deal with long hair that took an hour to dry with this new baby..so off it went.
And I thought I'd take a picture of my belly while I was at it. The bruises from my shots aren't that bad anymore..even though I have to continue taking them until my 6 week check up..but at least after Katelyn's born I don't have to sit down, lean forward and pinch a big hunk of belly and angel the needle downward before injecting the medicine.

We've finally been rotating who is in charge of Family Home Evening, usually I just do it all the time, but Brandon was buggin' me for him to be in charge..however he wanted to watch our Nephi and the brass plates movie that's over an hour-which didn't pan out for me..but we worked something else out. Last night was Tyler's turn-he picked what story we read from the Friend and he wanted to make these CTR pretzels from last month's Friend. The kids put on salt like sprinkles but they had a good time!

Here's just some random pictures of the kids...







One day Marie took her baby out and put her in the sled and gave her a ride all over the back yard! She had fun..so I thought I'd at least get a picture of her all done-so I could remember.
I know she's almost 3 but I'm really proud that she can hold her hands out and say she's 2! She will ask how old Brandon and Tyler are too, and make those numbers with a little help! And she knows that when Katelyn is 2 she will be 5!-the year this baby turns 2 she will be 5 shortly after. We got into that because I for some reason was trying to explain how when this baby is older she'll want to wear Marie's dress up clothes..not sure why I thought that would be a good idea--but finally I said-when she'll be wearing them you'll be 5..and she thought that was pretty cool!
Here we are being silly!

Marie actually let me put her hair in a bun, like Cinderella! Normally she'll want her hair in a big pony tail or down with a headband-but she'll pick out a flower or bow to put on the headband..thank heavens we're back into bows!

3 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Lisa's hair is a little shorter. She claims it's not as red as your but it looked like it! Your tummy is big! Glad you know there is only 1 in there! Can you even imagine 2 at once?

lmyrup said...

Wow, that really is a shiner Tyler got. Remember when Brandon hit him in the head with a big rock when we were camping a few years ago? He better watch out for that brother! I'm glad you had a shower for this new baby. See you in a couple of weeks!

Jessica said...

I didn't know you already had a name picked out for the new baby! So fun! I cannot believe it is so close to her being here. I don't know if it was the same for you...but this pregnancy of yours sure flew by for me!! Good luck and can't wait to hear the news when she arrives.