Wednesday, May 26, 2010

TOTAL BUMMER

Last weekend was the Father and Son's camp out..of course I stressed about it all day-it takes a lot for me to make sure the boys have layers, that they'll be warm enough-getting all the winter totes of clothes out, see what they can wear that sort of thing. I was cranky and had NO time to play with the kids, I was just doing my own thing. Then I forgot I needed to get a cooler ready some smore stuff, snacks and drinks--so I think that was the WORST shopping trip with 3 children that I can remember! At the end the boys were in the big part of the cart-putting their hands around each others' necks and chocking each other..I was completely embarrassed. I don't even know where they learned that-and I'd never seen it before.

I was looking forward to watching The Lovely Bones..Eric heard it was dumb and didn't want to see it-I still wanted to see it even if it was dumb (have to say a bit dumb and not what I expected), and I was also looking forward to sleeping in! Marie sleeps in about 2 hours longer than the boys! So..the boys leave, Marie goes down for the night, I start the movie about 7pm..at about 7:40 Eric calls and can't find where any of our Stake is. So I make a few phone calls-figure out where they're at and I learn that because there was supposed to be bad weather it had been canceled the night before but we never heard. So the boys came back home-none of them had had dinner, and they camped in the back yard. But I had to pause my movie when they got home, help put food away-luckily our neighbors have a portable fire pit so that was a life saver!

Needless to say I ended up smelling like smoke and took a shower before I could continue my movie and by 2am everybody was inside because the boys were restless or cold. But Brandon keeps asking when they can sleep in the back yard again-and the boys were out hunting the yard for more firewood I believe around 7:30am for another fire! So I guess they had an okay time..but my evening was interrupted and I didn't get to sleep in! So total bummer!

On a better note, Looking forward to seeing the Myrup's, my Parents are coming soon, and I signed the boys up for swim lessons-so that's exciting!

And Eric is trying to decide what date he wants to get his eyes fixed-he's going to do la-sic (who knows if that's the right word?) eye surgery! I'm excited for him!

And I'm dying for the weather to get warm! Hello it's almost June-where is the summer??

3 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Bummer for sure! Sorry you got already and nothing happened. At least your backyard served well.
Can't wait to be there in IFalls!

Jessica said...

Bummer of a post! I felt sad and annoyed just reading it :)

Becky Tuft said...

That's a bummer Kerry, I guess that just means you need to come to Twin for a girls night.