Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gettin' Busy






Well we finally put up our Christmas tree. I feared it totally wouldn't fit our house because our ceilings are a little over 7ft. and our tree is 7.5ft. We bought it on sale 2 years ago after Christmas thinking we wouldn't be at this house for long-and since there wasn't much selection--but it all worked out. I just had to fold a little bit of the tree over to get the star on but it looks really really nice. I mentioned to Brandon that maybe today we could put up the tree and he just couldn't wait-so I lugged it up from the basement-and it actually was a lot lighter than I thought--and since it's pre-lit and only has 3 pieces it was simple! Putting up the tree won't be such a chore anymore!!



Yesterday we went to see Santa-No pictures because we didn't want to pay and you can only take your own pictures on Monday evenings. But it doesn't really matter since Tyler only gave him a high 5 and Brandon wouldn't touch him at all. They enjoyed their candy canes though. Today Brandon says that he didn't want to tough Santa because he had gloves and not REAL hands. I don't think it would have made a difference--but it's cute anyway.

Oh when we got back from Thanksgiving we finally found and installed our new TV stand-it looks wonderful and it doesn't strain my neck to look at the TV anymore!


I'm almost as excited for Christmas as the boys are..Brandon keeps saying that we need more presents under the tree and that he wants to wrap some of his own toys-but I wrapped a few dinosaurs and I'm done with that. The first thing Brandon does when he wakes up is open another window from the Chocolate advent calendar-he is just super excited. I'm starting to realize that we won't be with Eric for Christmas and it's sort of sad-but we'll be with family and he'll be making good money..plus we'll see him soon afterward!

5 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Nice looking tree! Plus less work putting it up and down!

Never to early to figure out how to make up plausible excuses! That cracked me up . . . fake hands!

MA

Jessica said...

Yea! I am excited you got in the Christmas spirit and put up your tree! It sounds a lot like ours. I agree...way easy when you don't have to put the lights on. I think you need a few more ornaments though ;)

I didn't know you wouldn't be with Eric for Christmas!! That is SO SO sad. They are actually having people work on Christmas day?! That's crazy.

I am glad you updated your upcoming events...I was wondering when you get to find out the sex. I can't wait to hear. That's the funnest part of pregnancy. Hope you are feeling good.

Ok, don't you like how my comment is as long as an email? Hmm...what else do I have to say...just kidding!

Michelle said...

I can't believe you are brave enough to put ornaments where Tyler can reach them. He must have so much more self-control than Barrett!

Congratulations on finally getting your TV out!

Ashlie said...

the tree looks fabulous! Happy B-day Tyler:)

Karen Buxton said...

How fun! Tree looks great! Eric will be at work? Bummer! When is the actual due date? Questions questions!