Thursday, June 18, 2009

So much done!

My parents are gone! I'm WAY sad about that..we-well my Dad got SO much done-so that's awesome. Eric and I made a list of projects around the house, mostly in the yard that needed to be done and my Dad got most of them done! That's wonderful. My favorite is a new sandbox for the boys-no more digging in the flower bed that doesn't have anything beautiful in it because it was our digging site. The boys totally LOVE it-too bad I don't have a picture of the boys playing in it..what was I thinking? But I've got a picture of Brandon helping to make it.





Then there's Grandpa putting in sod around the sand box and the boys helping.

Grandma totally re-did Marie's closet so there's a lot more usable space and helped me get organized! The boys just loved spending time with them, playing, swinging, reading books it was a total blast!





My Mom changed most of the diapers while she was here-that's been 1 big difference since she left-but besides that things are going good. She still sleeps a lot though and I only get out of the house to walk down to the park and eat free lunch..so there are still more things I've got to adjust to..but I'm doing okay.

The ward is giving me dinners this week and part of next, so that's a big help. Yesterday Eric had a work thing at 6pm-and I needed to take Brandon to his swim lessons-which he enjoys! So I got somebody to watch Marie because I didn't know how Tyler would do on the edge of the pool and not getting to get in-(he did really really well)..that was the only time I've been away from Marie-and it felt like a nice good break!











-Check out those muscles!!


Eric got on our scary angled roof and trimmed the branches off-the boys would wait and when one fell they'd hurry over to it and drag it into the BIG pile on the patio-they had SO much fun doing this.



Brandon and Tyler are doing more activities to keep themselves busy-which is nice, or play rough together and they only get each other every once in a while. Life is good right now-of course I miss my parents, but I'm looking forward to seeing them again this summer.



Marie is awake more-sleeping pretty good at night-which is awesome. I think I go to bed before 9pm every single night-but oh well..makes me feel better in the morning. She nurses and takes a bottle-so that's really, really nice--I don't feel like it's jut me all the time!

All right I'm needed-my computer time is over. I'm glad I finally got an update.
Thanks Mom and Dad for all you did for us! It was wonderful to have you here!
Thanks Alan and Linda for coming up and visiting with us 2 times-that was a lot of fun, and It'll be a LONG time before I get as much sleep as I did the night you took care of Marie!

Today Brandon asked to hold Marie-Look at that proud face!



5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the update! It's great to see how things are going.

Dena said...

I love all the pictures. It's too bad your parents had to leave. Don't you wish sometimes that you could have your parents around all the time to help out around the house?

Karen Lambarth said...

You gave us GREAT press! We are happy to help out.
Brandon does look so proud!
Only 3 weeks old and she does look older now.
Sorry we haven't called to see how you're doing.
I knew you'd settle in the daily routines, some of it takes a while to adjust to (read here: less sleep!)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so happy. What a sweet family you have!

Ashlie said...

So cute. I love all the girlie pictures. Sounds like you had a good time with your parents and all their help! Love that!! She is adorable and I'm going to read "the details" right now:)