Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Details!



Okay so I don't know how many of you heard the details of the events--so I thought I'd share..while Marie takes a nap.

Wednesday May 27th I had a doctor's appointment at 2pm. At that point I was dilated to 3 cm. Around 4:30pm I wasn't feeling too wonderful but I hadn't really rested since my appointment-however by 6pm I was surely having contractions. I timed them from 7pm-10pm and they were still about 5 minutes apart but getting stronger so I decided I'd rather call my night person now at 10pm than in the middle, middle of the night-so we called her, and she came over. Seems I had a LOT to tell her, I was nervous about going in-I didn't want to be sent home-so I kept on talking and talking every little detail-and finally we left.

This little baby has given me contractions before-and I thought I was going into labor so I was nervous this time. When I get up to the ob it was 10:45pm. They check me-I'm 3 cm! I couldn't believe it-I was that much earlier that day..I did NOT want to be sent home! So I hung out about an hour-they said if I made any progress I could probably be admitted to the hospital. A little bit before midnight they check and I'm 3.5-4cm. They tell me they're going to call my doctor and he probably won't send me home because I made progress but I may have to walk the halls for an hour. I couldn't believe that-the contractions were starting to hurt pretty bad. So I never ended up walking the halls-because they checked me again about 12:30am and I was a 6, by 1am I was an 8, by 1:17 I was fully dilated!

Somewhere around 1am the anesthesiologist came in. The nurse recommended another form of numbing besides the epidural-the effects were the same but instead of a continuous stream it was just 1 shot that lasted about 2 hours. It was still in the spine and everything-so I got that-because I was going fast. I've never gone this fast before and because of it it's surely the most painful of all because I was about 8cm when I got pain relief and my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and getting painful!

While the anesthesiologist was doing his job my water broke-that was an interesting feeling. But the important thing is that I was able to get pain relief.

Marie was head first but face up, and I guess that's harder on the body-but I couldn't tell at the time. With an epidural all I feel is pressure and I could feel a bit of pain but it was bearable..in 4 contractions and about 12 pushes this little angel was out!

This was the first time that they put her on my belly right after the clipped the cord. That was incredible-a bit messy but it was awesome to have her in my arms right away!

So this is my story-the first night at the hospital Thursday-on to Friday was a nightmare I could NOT get her to sleep until about 4 am. Friday night Eric's Mom Linda was here and she took her -until she needed to be fed and I slept marvelously! Saturday night I only woke up about 3 times--then Sunday night was another NIGHTMARE. We really need to get a good pacifier for this child..but Eric decided to take Monday off so he was a HUGE help!

Last night I had to wake up pretty much every 2 hours-I suppose I can live with that-but it is a bit tiring! But she's truly a keeper, I love those little smiles when she's floating off to sleep, she's just super cute and it's fun to have a little girl. I can't believe I've got 3 kids-but it's life and it's exciting!

This is what she looks like today!


This is what Tyler wants to do-lots of kisses! He asks if he can Pet her..I think that's super cute! She's little and he knows he needs to be gentle with her-it's funny but cute! Such a sweet big brother!


This is Grandma-I'm so glad she comes up when I have new babies-I love it!


It's so fun to put cute outfits on her!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that is so weird that you were barely dilated but then it happened all at once. I was dilated to a 5 with Logan before I even went to the hospital. So weird how it is so different for everyone.

Ahhh--life with a newborn and no sleep. I am not sure I am ready for that again ;)

Glad you are having fun with all the outfits. I never thought you would really care about that ;)

rneweyfamily said...

I loved that shot! Only for me it lasted about 5 hours.

Katrina Wilson said...

she is super cute! congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I"m so glad that your boys are excited. Sometimes I have wondered if Luke and Bryce would have been as excited had we had another boy instead of a girl. From what I can tell, they appreciate how Andrea is different from them, which is interesting to me. There's a good article in the Ensign, the question and answer part, that talks about enjoying life with small children. One member said to appreciate the joy of each stage or phase of life. Yes, there are also trials to every stage, but there are also joys that can never come back! It sounds like you know that already though! ;)

Dena said...

Such cute pictures! I love baby girls.

Elizabeth said...

Kerry she's so cute! I'm glad she finally made her grand entrance...I hope our girls want to "pet" our little boy when the time comes-they already love to get really close to any baby they see, but they always think they need to rock the infant carrier if they see one. Good luck-she's beautiful!