Friday, July 11, 2008

July 4th

Since July Fourth landed on Friday-we decided to travel down to Utah to be with family..take advantage of our 3 day weekend. Thursday night-we got to Orem about 8:30pm and the first thing I did was head down to University Ave. and see if I could find a good parade spot to save-and sleep at over night! Shanna my wonderful sister in law was so kind to share that fun with me. In all honesty we believe that spending the night is more fun than the parade in the morning..so we don't mind. We had some fun-my dvd player battery died in 2 minutes so that was crummy but caused us to get more sleep..if you can call it sleep!

The parade was okay, I guess they aren't allowed to throw candy anymore-and of course that's what Brandon & Tyler like most. But there were motorcycles, horses, big balloons that flipped for us, noisy horns, big trucks that sprayed water and the huge noisy cannon! It was good to get a front row spot and spend the morning with the family!



Friday we had a BBQ with some family and it was fun to acquaint ourselves with those we don't get to see a whole lot. Then Eric and I took advantage of the in-laws and left the boys sleeping at their house while we went to see the Stadium of Fire Fireworks..of course we just watched from a church parking lot, but they were awesome-and fairly long too. The plan was to play spoons while we waited for the fireworks to begin...There's me, Eric, Brett, Suzanne and Shanna. Right when we settle in the sprinklers come on. Yeah that was fun-but the rest of the night was very enjoyable, excluding the traffic on the way home. Fireworks are one of my favorite things-so I was very happy to have that time away from the boys!

Saturday Eric, Brandon and a bunch of other Myrup boys went fishing. Not just shore fishing or fishing from a canoe but fishing from a motor boat. Brandon had a BLAST he caught one of the 30 fish the men caught that day. Unfortunately the pictures are on Grandma Myrup's camera-I'll add them some day (I forgot to get them off her camera).

That night we put on our own firework show, of course Brandon & Tyler go to bed when it's still light..so it wasn't the best show ever, but they had fun and that's what counts! Eric and Grand Dad had 6 Ground Flowers going at a time-so there were some surprises in our show!



No comments: